Article provided by: Kirtland & Packard LLP
Heather Baker Dobbs at the Courtroom Warrior is a highly sought-after truck accident lawyer in Los Angeles with several years of experience and impeccable negotiation skills. Our attorney's exceptional people skills allow her to empathize with her clients and help them receive the maximum compensation for their injuries as soon as possible.
What to do after a truck accident?
Truck accidents happen when you are least prepared and can make for a horrifying experience for all the parties involved. Here are the top five things to do immediately after a truck accident:
- Inform the cops immediately after the crash and explain about the accident in detail.
- Once you file a legal report to the police officials, seek medical treatment for yourself or anyone injured in the accident. Make sure to preserve all the medical reports and bills.
- Make sure to check with the respective police officials before taking your truck to a repair center.
Inform your insurance officials about the accident as soon as possible, and get in touch with a truck accident attorney. Hiring a skilled, LA, CA personal injury attorney is critical to help you recover adequate compensation for your injuries and damages.
Mistakes to avoid after a truck accident
If you faced injuries or property damage in a truck accident, you need to protect your rights vigilantly. Here are some of the common mistakes to avoid after a truck accident:
- Not tending to medical needs - Failing to seek medical help immediately after a truck accident can negatively impact your claim in addition to worsening your health. Make sure to meet with a specialist to seek treatment for your injuries after a truck accident.
- Not hiring a personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles - The laws surrounding truck accidents in California can be complex, tricky, and confusing. To receive the maximum compensation for your injuries and damages, hire a lawyer with plenty of personal injury attorney testimonials who can negotiate with the insurance company.
- Losing patience - Patience is one of the important virtues you need after filing a personal injury claim. Due to financial desperation, some personal injury claimants jump at the very first offer coming from the insurance company, which can cause you to settle for way less than what you would deserve.
In some cases, the injured party fails to report the scene to the policy, which can affect your cause considerably. Get in touch with the best personal injury law firm in Los Angeles immediately after the accident to avoid making costly mistakes.
How can a truck accident lawyer help?
A lawyer highly experienced in handling personal injury attorney settlements and verdicts will know the best ways to handle insurance companies' tricks and tactics and save you the time and money necessary for lengthy legal proceedings. They can help you receive the maximum compensation using their experience and unparalleled negotiation skills.
Have you experienced a recent truck accident, causing a great deal of pain and distress? Contact Courtroom Warrior today at 310-536-1000 and book a free consultation with the #1 truck accident lawyer in Los Angeles, Heather Baker Dobbs. Our attorney can control your legal matters and make sure you receive the justice and compensation you deserve. Get in touch with us today!truck accident lawyer Los Angeles
View Larger Map