Charleston, SC (Law Firm Newswire) March 26, 2018 - South Carolina’s Steinberg Law Firm is pleased to announce that Attorney Malcolm M. Crosland Jr. has been elected to the Executive Committee of the Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG). The WILG is a national organization of attorneys exclusively representing injured workers with compensation claims. The organization also helps non-profit groups and lawyers advocate for injured workers via research, information, education and communication.
Mr. Crosland has been involved in WILG for a number of years and recently served in the capacity of Chair for the WILG’s Opt Out Taskforce, fighting plans that permitted employers to opt out of workers’ compensation to develop their own workplace injury plans. Employer driven alternative compensation plans for workers typically control access to physicians, decree mandatory settlements, terminate benefit payments sooner and do not cover many injuries.
Attorney Crosland’s legacy on the Opt Out Taskforce focused on fighting to preserve the current nationwide workers’ compensation system. As a newly elected member to the Executive Committee of the WILG, he is excited to be able to continue the important work of the task force.
In addition to attorney Crosland’s service as an Executive Member of the WILG, he has distinguished himself in service on numerous charitable boards and law-related committees. He is also well known for his litigation skills in fighting for those injured by the negligence of others.
Mr. Crosland has consistently been recognized by Best Lawyers in America and SuperLawyers. He holds the highest level rating with Martindale-Hubbell (A/V) for his ethical and professional standards. Mr. Crosland is a past president of Injured Workers Advocates, the only statewide organization for attorneys dedicated to the protection of the rights of injured workers, and he has served on the Board of Directors for Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG).
For interviews, contact:
Director of Marketing and
118 S Goose Creek Blvd.
Goose Creek, SC 29445
61 Broad St
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 720-2800
118 S Goose Creek Blvd
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Phone: (843) 572-0700
103 Grandview Drive Suite A
Summerville, SC 29483
Phone: (843) 871-6522
Steinberg Law Firm Blog
- Steinberg’s Malcolm M. Crosland Jr. Elected to Executive Committee of Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- JUDGE HUGO MAX SPITZ | 1927 – 2018
- Steinberg Law Firm’s Michael J. Jordan unanimously voted in Trident Literacy Association
- Life After A Workplace Accident – Kids Chance of South Carolina
- Steinberg Law Firm Partners with CAJM for a Brighter Future
- Attorney Malcolm M. Crosland Jr. Local Counsel for X-LITE Guardrail Device Failure
- Recipients of 2017 Steinberg Book Scholarship Announced
- Dangers of Texting and Driving
- Historic Snowfall in Charleston Leads to Car Accidents; Know Your Rights
- Steinberg Law Firm Supports Education and Goose Creek High School Basketball