"Personal attention and a requirement for excellence is the PCS standard, and I look forward to being a part of that support for years to come!”
SPOKANE, Wash. (PRWEB) January 23, 2018
Proven Compliance Solutions Inc. (PCS), industry recognized for its excellence in North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Reliability Standards Compliance Consulting Services, is pleased to announce the addition of Carl R. Bench, PSP, CISA, CBRM/CBRA, to the PCS staff as a Senior CIP Consultant. Carl’s industry experience in Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) expertise will enhance PCS’ ability to support its rapidly growing number of CIP clients.
Carl comes to PCS after eleven years with the Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC). At WECC Carl was an IT Systems Administrator and Corporate IT Operations Manager. For the last four years he held the position of WECC CIP Auditor. As part of his role at WECC, Carl’s accomplishments included:
- Conducting comprehensive cyber and physical security audits of Critical Infrastructure throughout North America against the NERC CIP standards
- Evaluating implementation and deployment of physical security strategies
- Auditing technical network deployment strategies
- Developing and delivering professional presentations at NERC/WECC events
- Assisting in the daily administration of the Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program
- Managing Technical Feasibility Exceptions for Entities within the WECC Region
- Working with CIP team members to establish the audit approach for all NERC approved standards
- Performing Audit Team Lead responsibilities, as well as Auditor responsibilities
- Working with Enforcement staff on Entity mitigation activities
- CMEP Training
Ryan Carlson, PCS Vice President of Critical Infrastructure Protection Services stated, “We are very pleased to share Carl’s decision to join PCS. Carl brings a wealth of industry and CIP compliance auditing expertise to the table, which we are excited to share with our clients.”
When asked about his decision to join PCS, Carl stated, “I have been looking for an opportunity to share my understanding of the NERC/Regional CIP Audit and Enforcement Process in support of entities’ efforts for ensuring reliability. While auditing, I witnessed the quality of PCS supported programs and the resounding appreciation those entities had for the PCS Team. Personal attention and a requirement for excellence is the PCS standard, and I look forward to being a part of that support for years to come!”
PCS NERC Compliance Consulting Services has an unsurpassed track record in Regional Audit success. Whether your need for support is in the area of Operations and Planning Standards or Critical Infrastructure Protection Standards for your Utility, Generation Facility, Solar Facility or Wind Facility, PCS provides the technical expertise and program management support you desire. PCS delivers compliance interpretations based on extensive auditing experience, coupled with programs and processes that provide you confidence in the compliance status of your organization.
For information on how PCS can support your organization’s NERC Reliability Standards compliance needs, please contact Dale Zahn at (262) 436-4116 or visit our website at http://www.provencompliance.com.
Share article on social media or email: