Avoid the intersections all together, when possible, or be extra-cautious when driving through one if unavoidable.
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. (PRWEB) May 16, 2019
Michigan Auto Law announces its annual list of the Top 20 Most Dangerous Intersections in Michigan, based on car crashes that occurred in 2018.
To advance our goal of helping to make driving safer, our attorneys assemble this list as a public service every year, based on traffic crash report data collected by the Michigan State Police.
Our list of the most dangerous intersections allows Michigan drivers to make informed choices about how to best keep themselves and their families safe: Avoid the intersections all together, when possible, or be extra-cautious when driving through one if unavoidable.
Intersections are dangerous places to be: Michigan Traffic Crash Facts reports that in 2017 over 30% of all fatal car crashes occurred at intersections.
Below is our list of the Top 20 Most Dangerous Intersections in Michigan in 2018:
1. TELEGRAPH ROAD @ 12 MILE ROAD, Southfield, 145 Total Crashes, 24 Injuries
2. ORCHARD LAKE ROAD @ 14 MILE ROAD, Farmington Hills/West Bloomfield, 144 Total Crashes, 20 Injuries
3. 18 1/2 MILE ROAD @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights, 141 Total Crashes, 12 Injuries
4. M 5/MARTIN PKWY @ PONTIAC TRAIL, Commerce Twp, 138 Total Crashes, 9 Injuries
5. I 75 @ BIG BEAVER ROAD, Troy, 129 Total Crashes, 13 Injuries
6. 11 MILE ROAD/I 696 @ VAN DYKE AVE, Warren/Center Line, 126 Total Crashes, 27 Injuries
7. TELEGRAPH ROAD @ SCHOOLCRAFT ROAD, Redford Twp, 125 Total Crashes, 15 Injuries
8. STATE ROAD @ ELLSWORTH ROAD, Ann Arbor/Pittsfield Twp, 123 Total Crashes, 6 Injuries
9. HALL ROAD/M59 @ SCHOENHERR ROAD, Utica/Sterling Heights, 116 Total Crashes, 20 Injuries
10. I 75 @ M 59, Auburn Hills, 115 Total Crashes, 30 Injuries
11. JOY ROAD @ M 39/SOUTHFIELD FWY, Detroit, 99 Total Crashes, 26 Injuries
12. HALL ROAD/M 59 @ ROMEO PLANK ROAD, Clinton Twp, 99 Total Crashes, 18 Injuries
13. I 75 @ 14 MILE ROAD, Madison Heights, 96 Total Crashes, 17 Injuries
14. METROPOLITAN PKWY @ VAN DYKE AVE, Sterling Heights, 95 Total Crashes, 20 Injuries
15. METROPOLITAN PKWY @ MOUND ROAD, Sterling Heights, 94 Total Crashes, 20 Injuries
16. BIG BEAVER ROAD @ ROCHESTER ROAD, Troy, 92 Total Crashes, 27 Injuries
17. FORD ROAD @ LILLEY ROAD, Canton Twp, 91 Total Crashes, 25 Injuries
18. 11 MILE ROAD @ GRATIOT AVE E, Roseville, 90 Total Crashes, 31 Injuries
19. HALL ROAD/M 59 @ VAN DYKE AVE, Utica, 89 Total Crashes, 13 Injuries
20. 8 MILE ROAD @ WOODWARD AVE, Detroit, 87 Total Crashes, 10 Injuries
– Source: Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit
Visit our Michigan’s Most Dangerous Intersections page for a complete list of intersection car crashes that can be filtered by any Michigan city or county.
About Michigan Auto Law
At Michigan Auto Law, our auto accident lawyers practice exclusively in helping people who’ve been hurt in car, truck, and motorcycle accidents in the state of Michigan. More than 98 percent of our lawsuits resolve in substantial settlements, because our focus is combined with an excellent trial record that defense attorneys pay to avoid, including the top-reported auto accident jury verdicts and settlements in Michigan.
Michigan Auto Law has offices in Farmington Hills, Detroit, Sterling Heights, Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor. For more information, visit https://www.michiganautolaw.com or call (800) 968-1001.
Michigan Auto Law attorneys and legal experts have been featured in local, state and national publications. They are selected for their expertise in auto law matters. If you are in the media and would like to speak with an expert for your story, contact Todd Berg at (248) 353-7575 or TBerg(at)michiganautolaw(dot)com.
Michigan Auto Law
+1 (800) 968-1001
Share article on social media or email: