Charleston, SC (Law Firm Newswire) March 1, 2018 - Michael J. Jordan, one of Steinberg Law Firm’s dedicated attorneys, was unanimously voted to the board of directors for Trident Literacy Association (TLA). Mr. Jordan partnered with Steinberg Law Firm in 2006 directly after graduating from Florida Coastal School of Law. He was inspired by Steinberg Law Firm's historic vocation to support discriminated people through workers’ compensation and joined the firm to continue to advocate for justice.
Steinberg Law Firm was founded in 1927 by Irving Steinberg. Steinberg experienced severe discrimination as one of the few Jewish Charleston attorneys at the time, which motivated him to help the African Americans who were also deprived of their rights. In turn, Steinberg partnered with other South Carolina attorneys to lobby for a workers’ compensation law to be put in place for the state.
Mr. Jordan, serving as a continuation of Irving Steinberg’s mission, has been noted as one of the Best Lawyers in America for 2016, 2017 and 2018. In 2014, he was listed as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in 2014. His aptitude as an attorney will strongly benefit the Trident Literacy Association.
TLA works with adults to promote literacy and improve lives throughout the community. The association works with the needs of its students to ensure that the pace and work level is suitable to each person. Many adults in America struggle day to day with reading and writing. TLA gives these under-served adults the chance to work on the English language and therefore improve their lives.
From individual to community impact, Michael J. Jordan is ardent about receiving justice for those he works with. During his free time, Mr. Jordan volunteers in the Charleston community. His devotion towards volunteer work began in law school where he worked in a legal aid clinic. Mr. Jordan’s work at the clinic gave him an awareness of the under-served population, leading him to where he is today in personal injury law.
61 Broad St
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 720-2800
118 S Goose Creek Blvd
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Phone: (843) 572-0700
103 Grandview Drive Suite A
Summerville, SC 29483
Phone: (843) 871-6522
Steinberg Law Firm Blog
- Life After A Workplace Accident – Kids Chance of South Carolina
- Steinberg Law Firm Partners with CAJM for a Brighter Future
- Attorney Malcolm M. Crosland Jr. Local Counsel for X-LITE Guardrail Device Failure
- Recipients of 2017 Steinberg Book Scholarship Announced
- Dangers of Texting and Driving
- Historic Snowfall in Charleston Leads to Car Accidents; Know Your Rights
- Steinberg Law Firm Supports Education and Goose Creek High School Basketball
- Winter driving safety tips for South Carolina
- Steinberg Law Firm Provides Essential Community Members Pro Bono Will Clinic
- Steinberg Law Firm Stands Behind Its Community with 2017 Community Fund Program