With a particular focus on serving public agencies, we think our new tagline 'Advancing Your Agenda' will ring true in myriad ways. Derek Cole, Partner
ROSEVILLE, Calif. (PRWEB) August 30, 2018
Effective August 31, 2018, the law firm of Cota Cole & Huber LLP announces founding member, Dennis Cota’s, appointment as a Magistrate Judge to the United States District Court, Eastern District of California. Cota will be assigned to the Eastern District’s Redding courthouse effective September 4, 2018. With Cota’s move, the firm will now operate as Cole Huber LLP.
“Dennis has been a valued colleague and friend for over 15 years” said Scott Huber. “We wish him the best as he embarks on this new phase of his legal career.”
The name change and rebrand, including logo and website rollout, marks a new chapter of the firm and signals its next generation of leadership led by Huber, who has been selected as the new global managing partner. Derek Cole will continue as managing partner of the firm’s Roseville office and Daniel Roberts will continue as managing partner of the firm’s Ontario office.
“Our firm was built on a reputation for delivering innovative legal services to clients throughout California,” said Cole, who also oversees the firm’s marketing and client service initiatives. “With a particular focus on serving public agencies, we think our new tagline ‘Advancing Your Agenda’ will ring true in myriad ways."
Also being announced today, the firm welcomes five new attorneys which reflect the firm’s thoughtful expansion plans.
- Jolena Grider joins as a partner working out of the firm’s Ontario office. Grider worked for the City of San Bernardino City Attorney’s Office for 20 years and most recently served as Chief Assistant City Attorney. With extensive experience in all areas of municipal law, Grider brings significant expertise in the areas of municipal litigation, including bankruptcy proceedings.
- Nicole Roggeveen joins as a partner also working out of the firm’s Ontario office. Roggeveen previously served as Deputy City Attorney IV at the City of San Bernardino City Attorney’s Office where she oversaw and directed the Litigation Division. Her expertise consists of matters involving allegations of dangerous conditions, civil rights violations, and personal injury. She has a particular expertise in police litigation and defense of Section 1983 matters.
- Samuel Emerson joins as a partner and will split his time between the firm’s Ontario and Roseville offices. Prior to joining Cole Huber LLP, Emerson spent over fifteen years at a statewide municipal law firm where he specialized in municipal law and public entity litigation with a special emphasis on land use and property law. Emerson also has significant expertise prosecuting and investigating complex code enforcement and land use matters.
- Stephen Graham joins as an attorney and will work in the firm’s Ontario office. Beginning his legal career in the City of San Bernardino City Attorney’s Office, Graham has experience drafting local cannabis regulations, litigating wastewater issues, and updating development codes. He assists clients on an array of municipal legal issues requiring expertise in land use, real estate, contracts, construction, public utilities, public finance, information technology, transportation, CEQA, Proposition 218, and labor matters.
- Meredith Jury joins the firm as of counsel and will be working out of the firm’s Ontario office providing pro bono mediation services. Appointed as a Judge of the Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California in 1997, Jury served two three-year terms on the circuit’s Bankruptcy Appellate Panel. Prior to taking the bench, Jury was hired as the first female associate at a statewide municipal law firm in 1976 where she later became the firm’s first female partner.
The firm is excited to announce the selection of Derek Cole and Carolyn Frank to the 2018 Northern California Super Lawyers list. This is an exclusive list, recognizing no more than five percent of attorneys in California. Also joining the list as a Rising Stars for 2018 is Sean De Burgh. Daniel Roberts has been selected for inclusion in the 2019 Southern California Super Lawyers list. Cole was also named as a “Top Lawyer” in Sacramento Magazine in 2018 and was honored by the Sacramento Business Journal with “Best of the Bar” award again for 2018.
Founded in 2007, Cole Huber LLP initially had three attorneys, but today has 21 attorneys. With offices in northern California and southern California, the firm acts as city attorney for seven cities and as general counsel for a number of special districts. Cole Huber LLP attorneys advise and represent clients in matters involving litigation (including business and employment law), municipal law, environmental law (including agricultural law), and estate planning. The Firm represents both public and private clients, and has practiced in courtrooms, board chambers and before administrative agencies throughout the state. More at http://www.colehuber.com.
Share article on social media or email: