Each year, we’re honored to celebrate the incredible achievements of our members whose tireless efforts and substantial contributions advance INTA’s objectives and leave a positive impact on the global intellectual property community.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 29, 2018
The International Trademark Association (INTA) is pleased to announce the winners of its prestigious 2018 President’s Award, 2018 Volunteer Service Awards, and 2018 Tomorrow’s Leader Award.
The recipient of the President’s Award is Kathryn Barrett Park, of New Canaan, Connecticut, an intellectual property (IP) attorney who has made major contributions to INTA for three decades. INTA presents this prestigious honor annually to the most distinguished INTA volunteer for a career dedicated to trademarks and IP protection and advancement, and contributions that have made a lasting impact on the Association.
Ms. Barrett Park served as INTA President in 2003 and has been serving as Chair of the Association’s Political Action Committee for the past 10 years. She recently retired from the General Electric Company, where she was General Counsel for Marketing for more than 17 years.
The Association awarded Volunteer Service Awards, in five categories, to INTA members who have gone beyond their regular duties as INTA volunteers in their service of the Association and the broader public. They are:
- Advancement of Trademark Law: Motasem Abu-Ghazaleh, Executive Director, Abu-Ghazaleh Intellectual Property, Dubai, United Arab Emirates;
- Advancement of Committee or Subcommittee Objectives: Kevin Hartley, Co-Founder and Trademark Attorney at Trust Tree Legal, P.C., Nashville, Tennessee; and Felicia Boyd, Partner at Barnes and Thornburg LLP, Minneapolis, Minnesota;
- Advancement of the Association: Rudy Gaines, Client Service Director at Womble Bond Dickinson, Raleigh, North Carolina; and Bienvenido Marquez, Partner at Quisumbing Torres, Taguig City, the Philippines;
- Pro Bono Services Provided by Individuals: Jennifer Visintine, Partner at Thompson Coburn LLP, St. Louis, Missouri; and
- Pro Bono Services Provided by Organizations: Charles Russell Speechlys LLP, London, United Kingdom.
The recipients of the Tomorrow’s Leader Award are Mina Jovanović, a Junior Associate at Živko Mijatović & Partner, Belgrade, Serbia; and Gaurav Bhalla, a Partner at ALG India Law Offices LLP, New Delhi, India. The award annually recognizes two outstanding professionals who have been practicing trademark law for five years or less for their early leadership merits in the IP industry.
“Each year, we’re honored to celebrate the incredible achievements of our members whose tireless efforts and substantial contributions advance INTA’s objectives and leave a positive impact on the global intellectual property community,” said INTA President Tish Berard. “On behalf of all of INTA’s members, I thank them for their countless hours and dedication to the Association, and for setting a positive example for others.”
INTA presented the recipients with their awards at its 2018 Leadership Meeting, held in New Orleans, Louisiana in November.
About the International Trademark Association (INTA)
The International Trademark Association (INTA) is a global association of brand owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and related intellectual property (IP) to foster consumer trust, economic growth, and innovation. Members include more than 7,200 trademark owners, professionals, and academics from 191 countries, who benefit from the Association’s global trademark resources, policy development, education and training, and international network. Founded in 1878, INTA is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Brussels, Santiago, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington, D.C., and representatives in Geneva and New Delhi. For more information, please visit http://www.inta.org.
Share article on social media or email: