“We are proud of the accomplishments of these dedicated attorneys who represent Greenberg Traurig’s future leaders,” said Matt Gorson, Senior Chairman.
MIAMI (PRWEB) March 01, 2019
Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP elevated to shareholder four Florida attorneys in the Miami and Orlando offices: Colin S. Baker; James "Jay" S. Crenshaw; John R. Dodd; and Eva M. Spahn. The firm elevated to of counsel three Florida attorneys: Danielle M. Diaz from the Tampa office; and William E. Keenen and Marina Olman from the Miami office.
Firmwide, Greenberg Traurig announced the elevation of 32 attorneys to shareholder and 27 to of counsel/counsel in more than 20 areas of legal practice. The firm, which earlier this year opened its 30th office in the United States and 39th worldwide, also reported a fifth consecutive year of record revenue of more than USD $1.55 Billion, an increase of USD $80 Million over 2017.
“We are proud of the accomplishments of these dedicated attorneys who represent Greenberg Traurig’s future leaders. They each demonstrate a commitment to offering the highest quality client service, giving back to their communities and consistently upholding the values of our firm,” said Matt Gorson, Senior Chairman. “We look forward to their continued development and success.”
- Baker is a member of the Litigation Practice in the Orlando office. He focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts. Baker helps clients in cases involving shareholder and partnership disputes, contracts, business torts, creditor’s rights, employment issues, and real estate ownership and development. He has also represented various local governments in complex constitutional litigation in federal and state courts. Baker served as a law clerk to the Honorable G. Kendall Sharp, United States District Judge for the Middle District of Florida. He graduated with honors from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 2008.
- Crenshaw is a member of the Investment Funds Practice in the Orlando office. He is experienced in the structuring and offering of hedge funds, private equity funds, single-asset funds, blind pool real estate funds, and funds-of-funds under various onshore and offshore structures. He also advises fund sponsors on related compliance matters under the Securities Act of 1933, the Investment Company Act of 1940, and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Crenshaw clerked at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (Division of Investment Management, Washington D.C.) in 2004 and graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2005.
- Dodd is a member of the Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice in the Miami office. He focuses his practice on handling transactions and litigations that arise in business reorganizations, liquidations, distressed asset acquisition and sales, financial restructurings, and loan workouts. Dodd graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2006.
- Spahn is a member of the Litigation Practice in the Miami office. She focuses her practice on complex commercial, financial services, and class action matters in various forums, including state and federal courts in multiple U.S. jurisdictions, as well as domestic and international arbitrations before various arbitral bodies. Spahn also has experience representing clients in matters involving the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 2011.
- Diaz is a member of the Litigation Practice in the Tampa office. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation in federal and state court. Diaz has broad experience in varying aspects of litigation, including fact and expert discovery, discovery motions, summary judgment motions and other pleadings, settlement discussions, mediation, binding arbitration, trial preparation, direct and cross-examination of fact witnesses, and appellate briefs. She is also active in pro bono matters, and has represented an asylum seeker in removal proceedings in immigration court. Diaz graduated magna cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 2007.
- Keenen is a member of the Private Wealth Services Practice in the Miami office. He focuses his practice on trust and estate matters, including estate planning for high-net-worth individuals and families. Keenen is experienced in the areas of multigenerational wealth transfer, life insurance, post-mortem tax and pre-immigration planning, and cross-border investment. His practice also includes the negotiation and preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. He graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 2012 and received his LL.M. in taxation from the University of Miami School of Law in 2012.
- Olman is a member of the Corporate Practice in the Miami office. She advises foreign and U.S. financial institutions on licensing, regulatory, and compliance matters. Olman represents clients before U.S. regulators such as the Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, FinCEN, OFAC, Florida Office of Financial Regulation, and other supervisory authorities. She counsels financial institution clients and non-financial institution clients on a broad range of issues. She graduated cum laude from American University Washington College of Law in 2006.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 39 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.
Share article on social media or email: