LAS VEGAS (PRWEB) October 16, 2019
The summit will cover important areas of corporate governance including duties and oversight obligations, risk oversight and responsibility, engagement with activist stockholders, communications and social media, board composition and diversification, and executive and board compensation.
Confirmed speakers include the following:
- Cuneyt A. Akay, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, Denver
- Luci Altman, Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Securities & Corporate Affairs, Las Vegas Sands Corporation (NYSE)
- Rachel Anderson, General Counsel, Office of the Attorney General, State of Nevada
- Alan I. Annex, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, Miami and New York
- John E. Bailey, Bailey Kennedy, LLP; Director, Boyd Gaming Corporation (NYSE)
- Michael J. Bonner, Managing Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, Las Vegas
- Glenn Christenson, Director, Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE)
- Ben Edwards, Associate Professor of Law, The UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law
- Paul Ferrillo, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, New York
- Daniel Hamilton, Dean, The UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law, Richard J. Morgan Professor of Law
- Cathy Hwang, Associate Professor of Law, The University of Utah School of Law
- Jordan Kelly, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- Christina Maguire, Managing Director, BNY Mellon, Proxy Voting & Governance Research
- Lisbeth McNabb, COO & CFO of Linux Foundation and chair of the audit committee at Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (NASDAQ)
- Marta Meana, UNLV President
- Stewart T. Moran, Assistant General Counsel - Securities and Corporate Governance, Carter’s, Inc. (NYSE)
- Cliff E. Neimeth, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, New York and Phoenix
- Flora Perez, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, Fort Lauderdale
- Eileen Raney, Director, Everi Holdings, Inc. (NYSE)
- Nancy Rapoport, Garman Turner Gordon Professor of Law, The UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law; Affiliate Professor of Business Law and Ethics, Lee Business School
- Paul Schulman, Executive Vice President, McKenzie Partners
- Keith Smith, President, Chief Executive Officer and Director, Boyd Gaming Corporation
- Donald Snyder, Director, Western Alliance Bancorporation (NYSE); Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE); and Switch, Inc. (NYSE)
- Kelly Sullivan, Partner, Joele Frank | Wilkinson | Brimmer | Katcher
- Laura Wanlass, Partner, Head of Governance Services, Aon
- Jason Zachary, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, Denver
More information about the Summit for Corporate Governance can be found here.
About the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law: Established in 1998, the William S. Boyd School of Law at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, has nearly 400 students and offers three juris doctor degree programs: a full-time day program, a part-time day program, and a part-time evening program. The school also offers a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Gaming Law and Regulation and three dual degree programs: the J.D./MBA, J.D./M.S.W., and J.D./Ph.D. According to its website, the school is fully accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2100 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.
Share article on social media or email: